Aerial Firefighting in 2020-21 will be impacted by the nation’s response to COVID-19. NAFC seeks to provide information and assistance to its members, their agencies and the aircraft operators to enable efficient and timely provision of aviation resources for emergency response.
Important actions to complete for coming fire season:
1. Develop a COVIDSafe plan for your business to enable reliable and efficient aerial firefighting this season.
2. Upload your COVIDSafe plan into ARENA.
3. Update aircraft, business and personnel information in ARENA.
4. Lodge requests with each individual agency for permission to enter the country and/or cross state and territory borders. Lodgement requires providing supporting documentation, such as COVIDSafe plan.
NAFC advises not to leave this until the last minute because the time to approval may be constrained by the volume of applications.
For enquiries relating to Covid-19, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
NAFC COVID documents
Available to download here or in ARENA:
- NAFC COVID-19 Information #1 International Aircraft and Crew
- NAFC COVID-19 Information # 2 International Crew Family Members
- NAFC COVID-19 Information #3 Contract Exemptions
- NAFC COVID-19 Information #4 Obtaining support letters for NAFC fleet contracts
- ARENA Guide: How to generate Certificate of Engagement
- ARENA Guide: Operators – How to upload a Covid plan in ARENA
- ARENA Guide: Where to find bookshelf
This information has been provided for the purpose of sharing relevant information as it comes to hand. Please refer to the following links for further information:
CASA website: COVID-19 advice for industry page for further information:
Visit the below websites to learn more about current travel restrictions: